Reporting to the Planning & Procurement Manager, the Production Scheduler is responsible for printing production batches, identifying resource requirements, supporting capacity planning and managing order lead times. This role is integral to ensure that work orders are executed to meet customer demand.
- Prepares, distributes, and communicates the Daily Production Schedule and facilitates the Daily Production Meeting
- Tracks, reports, analyzes, and communicates daily and monthly departmental metrics, including but not limited to, production scheduled versus forecast/budget, schedule adherence, and readiness
- Prints and issues the Bills of Materials and batch records in a timely manner in order to meet Production objectives and according to company SOPs
- Maintains a high degree of communication and co-operation within the Operations and other supporting departments
- Prepares, sponsors, and closes quality system documents and other relevant documentation as outlined in the Quality Assurance Program
- Makes and communicates scheduling related decisions that align with business objectives
- Generates daily reports for Work in Process, packaging output, and metrics
- Maintains the data integrity of the scheduling system in support of internal stakeholder needs
- Performs documentation activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Follows GMP and regulatory requirements, and ensures quality standards are met.
- Observes and supports all safety guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrates the Company Mission, Vision and Values Statements, policies, and current standard business practices
- Performs other related duties as required
- Related post-secondary (college or university) education in Production Planning/Materials Operations or Supply Chain is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a scheduling role in a manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical, food, or cosmetic industry experience is considered and asset
- Experience with MRP, ERP or EDI including MS Dynamics
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to proactively identify issues, problem solve, make appropriate decisions and promptly put forth recommendations for resolutions
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to positively interact with cross functional teams using strong verbal and written communication skills
How to attend
- Look for the Aecon Building - located on Sheldon Dr between Hespeler Rd and Franklin Blvd
- Parking available onsite
- Location is also accessible via public transit
What to prepare
- Please bring a copy of your resume
- A bright smile :)
- Masks are recommended but not mandatory
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Septodont (Novocol Pharma)
Septodont is a leading manufacturer of dental pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The French-based company employs over 1,900 people globally. We have six manufacturing plants in France, India, North and South America, and an international distribution network that is dedicated to serving the needs of dental professionals in more than 150 countries. Our North American operations has facilities in Ontario, Montreal, and Pennsylvania. It also has Latin American operations with facilities in Brazil and Colombia. We are very proud and excited to be celebrating our 90th anniversary this year!
The Cambridge location is our manufacturing facility in Ontario, which produces dental anesthetics and houses Novocol Pharma. Novocol Pharma is a growing contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), specializing in sterile injectable cartridges and combination product manufacturing. We strive for excellence and customer-centricity to deliver value to global pharmaceutical clients through contract services for drug development and commercial manufacturing.
With over 40 years in operation and modern facilities located in Cambridge, Ontario, our team of over 500 employees provide a personalized and responsive experience for our customers. We are focused on serving our strategic partners with quality, integrity, and value.
Our employees are our number one asset!
- Developmental opportunities
- Excellent compensation, shift premiums and benefits programs
- Annual bonus and reward programs
- Signing Bonus
- Discounted gym memberships
- Work/life balance programs
- Employee recognition
- Social events, and spirit days
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!