Job title :
FOOD SERVICE WORKER – VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a Casual Food Service Worker to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, positions at this level perform a variety of duties within a food service operation including:
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
Hours of Work:
- Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
- Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
- Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
- Washing dishes and utensils;
- Setting up and delivering meal carts;
- Cleaning of food service areas.
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
06:30 to 14:40, 11:50 to 20:00 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2017! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.