Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics & Forecasting, the Manager, Strategic Analytics will act as a key analytics support figure for the Sales Strategy team and will work on multiple strategic projects that require strong business acumen and analytical mindset. The ideal candidate will bring the perfect combination of strong business acumen, stakeholder management, and ability to crunch numbers and present to the senior leadership in a compelling way.
- Lead multiple analytics and insights projects and deliverables that support and advise commercial business on key strategic initiatives
- Maintain critical stakeholder relationships (Sales, IT, Supply Chain, Marketing) to remain close to all relevant issues/needs/concerns and act as a single source of information for Sales leadership
- Become a go-to person for adhoc analysis, reporting, business issues and customers asks
- Work with multiple stakeholders to either map out commercial sales processes that don’t exist or improve existing ones
- Consult with commercial teams (Sales & Marketing) and lead the process of utilizing available data to and embed key insights into commercial strategies and plans to ultimately drive revenue and/or profit growth
- Support and coordinate Forecast and Business Planning Manager to uncover new opportunities, build business cases and bring forward ideas that result in business performance growth
- Design and develop “what-if” analysis and scenarios to understand impact of a key decision and come forward with a set of recommendations to guide commercial strategy
- Support Category & Insights group & Revenue Management team to develop cat man stories, assortment recommendations, and sensitivity analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-5 years of experience in manipulating multiple sources of data (structured and non structured data) and drawing insights from it.
- A combination of advanced analytics skills and project management skills to prioritize both short term and mid to long term analytics projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business / Commerce, Computer Science, or related field. MBA is considered an asset
- Strong business acumen with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- At least five years of experience in an analytics or insights role is required
- Advanced knowledge/experience of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos
- Power user of MS Office tools (Excel, Google Sheets, Powerpoint) and working knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Ability to interpret and combine multiple sources of data to dig insights
- Excellent communication and proven experience of delivering presentations to large / commercial audience
- Results-driven and ability to handle multiple projects of different priority levels
- Experience working with retailers, partners and across multiple sales channels
- Experience in beverage alcohol or relatable industries an asset
This a full-time position based out of Toronto.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.