Do you want to experience the lifestyle in Whistler, BC - Canada's premier ski resort town? Pan Pacific Whistler is looking for full-time, year-round Night Manager. Elevate your Hospitality career at Canada’s Best Ski Hotel!
The Night Manager is responsible for maintaining a smooth operation of the entire hotel during the night shift (11pm - 7am), according to the standards of Pan Pacific Whistler.
- Act as the Duty Manager overseeing Front Office operations during the overnight hours.
- Ensure that daily charges are posted, transaction reports and other checks are completed each night.
- Create a variety of reports for other departments; ensure reports are effective and accurate.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Front Office Manager.
- Resolve guest and associate complaints; report any guest concerns or credit risks to Front Office Manager.
- Ensure that safety & security of guests, associates and hotel property is being upheld; deal with any security issues per Pan Pacific Whistler standard.
- Work with other departments to ensure safe conduct of staff and guests in emergency situations.
- Provide arrival & departure services (check-in/check-out); answer reservations calls; provide concierge services during the overnight hours.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service, as per Pan Pacific Whistler standards.
- Maintain open and constant communication between Night team and other operational departments.
- Supervise Night team, guide and counsel associates and ensure regular communication meetings are held with Night Audit associates.
- Maintain all systems and procedures are being met and ensure associate resources are scheduled to adequately provide service levels to the Pan Pacific Whistler standard.
- Ensure all floats and cash handling procedures are adhered to within Pan Pacific Whistler standards and ensure the overall protection of the company’s revenue. Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all revenue expected will be received.
- Ensure & maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the hotel at all times.
- Good business acumen, sales abilities and a sound judgment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and demonstrate an eye for detail.
- Grade 12 Diploma is required
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience using Property Management Systems
- Valid Level 1 OFA Certification
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Knowledge of hotel safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Cash handling and float management experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Diploma or Degree in hotel management is an asset
- Additional language/s is an asset
A competitive total compensation package including a wellness allowance, food discount at our sister establishment the Dubh Linn Gate and other perks are offered with this role. Shared staff housing is also available.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- night manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- front desk: 3 years (Preferred)