CIMT College is hiring Instructors- Wound Care Nurse/Specialistswho can train nurses on wound care management. Person must have prior experience in the field and ready to travel and train clients across the GTA. Suitable candidate must be able to apply knowledge gained through practical experience in wound care to deliver training for other trainees in the field of wound care; applying best practices in patient care related to wound care and ostomy patients.
- Registered Nurse (RN) (BScN or diploma) with a current Certificate of Registration from the Ontario College of Nurses
- Preferably has a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Registered Nurse ideally in a community setting with Palliative clients
- Membership with “Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) (formerly CAET) will be considered an asset
- Must have completed The Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Education (CAPCE) Program or LEAP ( Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care)Certification
- International Interprofessional Wound Care Course (IIWCC) Required orWound Care Certification Required
- Adult teaching experience and/or adult education courses will be considered an asset
- Current certification in First Aid & CPR
- Clear criminal record check and VSS screening required
- Able to communicate effectively using verbal as well as practical skill training, including use of technology/PowerPoint presentations.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $40.00 to $45.00 /hour
- wound care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)