Leader in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry for more than 65 years, The Master Group is the largest distributor of the HVAC-R sector in Canada. Its more than 850 dynamic and dedicated employees serve the industry in more than 38 branches and 6 distribution centers from coast to coast.
Under the supervision of the Branch Director, the Outside Sales Representative will promote The Master Group refrigeration products to dealers, contractors and engineering firms within assigned territory (Saskatchewan market). The incumbent will educate property managers as well as building owners in the choices of equipment. He/she will identify new key accounts & develop and maintain business relations with customers.
Principal tasks:Marketing & promotion of products:
After sales service:
- Selling price: coordination between purchasing/product management & sales department
- Marketing tools, catalogs, sales manuals: coordination between product manager & sales department
- After sales service: coordination between service manager & technical support from manufacturers
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments
- Develop a close relationship with commercial/applied contractors and promote The Master Groups ability to quote on public tenders as well as on design build projects.
- Ensure effective regional relationships with suppliers.
- Identify competitive positioning of our products versus the competition.
- Contact customers after the sale to resolve problems and ensure follow up
- Have the ability to resolve technical problems related to products
- Set up and facilitate training seminars for our dealer and contractor base
Promotion of Master refrigeration focused products to clients (contractors, engineering firms and owners):
Management of client accounts:
- Acquire required technical knowledge in order to promote products (academic or manufacturer training)
- Preparation of annual sales budgets for territory & proposals for client accounts
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers
- Maintain sales forecasting reports.
- Presentation of technical drawings
- Preparation of buying & pre-purchase documents
- Presentation of product applications for use in refrigeration systems (formal presentation with catalogs or audio/video material)
- Development & solicitation of existing and potential clients.
- Evaluation of client’s needs & resources and recommendation of appropriate products & services
- Responsible for the use of the CRM in client account management
Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
Participate in regional trade associations and develop networking opportunities.
- Sales experience in HVAC-R distribution company
- More than 5 years of experience
- Technical experience in refrigeration
- Refrigeration trade school training (asset)
- Strong technical and Refrigeration products sales knowledge
- Strong time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- We offer our employees a competitive salary based on experience;
- Our group insurance program (medical, dental, short and long-term disability) supports our employees and their families
- We contribute to your group RRSP;
- We support the health of our employees by providing a Health Program (contribution to a membership in a fitness center).