Under supervision of the Head Grower, the Production Supervisor will work in partnership with the production team to lead the daily production tasks of the greenhouse team. This position is responsible for leading, organizing, and the prioritization of all full time and/or temporary employees including development and training needs.
- 3-5 years of supervision experience of 100+ employees
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal skills with strong written communication skills
- Basic analytic skills (i.e. Determining units per hour, cost per task)
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience
- Superior motivational and organizational skills
- Previous Greenhouse experience considered an asset
- Spanish as a second language considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in training for the planting & packing lines.
- Ensure that all materials and resources are available on time to be as productive as possible.
- Follow up on active work orders to ensure timely completion.
- Ensure that maintenance is on top of any repairs needed to maintain planting equipment usable.
- Take care and process inventory for planting lines.
- Ensure that forklift operators are adhering to the rules and that all spec’s & standards are met.
- Ordering and ensuring UPC’s are picked up from label office plus add on’s and PO’s printed to match.
- Looking ahead to next day production needs and supplies.
- Help with inventory counting and shrink sheets are handed in daily.
- Provide performance feedback to employees on a regular basis to encourage a motivated workforce.
- Communicate expectations to general labourers before any process begins.
- Ensure that workforce cleans all areas and all equipment at end of each shift.
- Achieving production goals- understand what they are (plants planted/hour, plants packed/hour, plants pinched/hour, etc).
- Try to make solutions on why standards are not being met.
- Understand and follow Spec and Standards.
- Ensure all planting requirements are completed.
- Set planting and packing priorities – Order 1, 2 and then 3.
- Demonstrate subordinates how to do tasks and why it is being done that way.
- Set goals for Leads based on standards
- Return equipment to storage areas.
- Other duties as required.
- Ensure quality checks on product coming into and going out of your department/area meet requirements as outlined on product spec sheets.
- Achieve 100% on time delivery.
- Maintain a greater than 90% labour utilization in all areas and overall shift. Monitor labour, processes and equipment, and utilize resources efficiently to meet outlined targets.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss.
- Support or complete safety inspections of your department/area, and be involved in incident investigation and inspection programs.
- Follow and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Various physical efforts are required.
- Weekends and holidays required when necessary to meet business/customer requirements.
- Hot Environment both in the greenhouse and outside
- Expect long working hours in heavy shipping weeks.
- Average work week of 50 hours.
One Floral is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage during the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Supervisor: 3 years (Required)