At Chewters Chocolates, We Make People Happy by Making Great Chocolate! The Sales and Marketing Assistant will be the key support role managing the day-to-day administrative operations of the Sales and Marketing teams.
A leading manufacturer of premium chocolates, Chewters Chocolates is a fast paced, innovative, quality driven organization where employees are recognized as our biggest asset. Here’s why you should join our team:
- We make great chocolate
- Be part of a fun and energetic team who is constantly innovating in process and product
- You will constantly learn and develop in your position
- Receive a competitive compensation package
- Employer paid group MSP, Extended health and Dental plan
- You will even receive an employee discount on great chocolate!
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Key sales support role working as a liaison between distributors, brokers and Chewters Chocolates.
- Preparation of sales presentations, proposals, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Understanding product codes and creating price lists as and when needed
- Registration of products on GS1
- Manage sample requests
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Trade show coordination and follow-up on leads identified
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key partners
- Prepare and participate in regular sales meetings
- Working closely with the Creative Director to ensure online and traditional communications efficiently flow through a variety of digital marketing, web, and social media platforms to promote the brand.
- Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to CMS, community engagement, copy writing,email marketing, digital project management, SEO, analytics and reporting.
- Coordination of promotional materials and marketing programs to retailers and distributors.
- Support the team with general administrative duties including café management and reception coverage, as and when required.
- Attends meetings, takes minutes, and prepares action sheets to track delegated items.
- Works closely with the Sales Order Coordinator providing support during vacation/absences, etc..
- At least 4 -5 years of experience in a sales support role preferably, in the retail industry
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing industry is a definite asset
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Highly proficient in the MS Office suite of products; knowledge of Adobe suite of products is preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms is preferred
- Working knowledge in relevant marketing software and products is highly preferred.
- Goal-oriented self-starter who is driven to succeed.
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to challenge conventional solutions and thinks out of the box
- Detail oriented and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Confident building and maintaining relationships at different levels in the organization.
- Ability to adapt to the rapidly changing demands of the department.
- Diploma or certificate in business, or retail management preferred
- Flexible to work extended hours, weekends etc. as needed
- Valid BC driver’s'1 license is required; ability to travel by car to the USA and back is required
- Passion to learn more about our chocolates and how they are made!
- Able to sit and stand in an office setting and also walk around on the production floor
- Must wear protective clothing, such as coats, hair nets and safety shoes when on the production floor
- Exposure to machinery sounds and loud noise levels
- Able to push, pull, bend and lift in an office setting
- **Chewters work environment contains food allergens**
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)