The Sanitation Supervisor will report to the QA Manager. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for effectively managing the cleaning and sanitization of processing equipment in the plant. We offer full benefits after the probation period and the wage of this position is based on experience.
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitization of equipment, surfaces, utensils and plant environment by providing direction, motivation and technical support to all sanitation employees to ensure sanitation process is completed effectively and on time.
- Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction on all sanitation related activities in all programs such as: Quality Assurance/Food Safety, HACCP, SQF requirements, and employee relations, Health and Safety Programs.
- Manage the master sanitation schedule by establishing priorities, scheduling, assigning work and communicating with sanitation staff and key stakeholders frequently and regularly to ensure tasks are completed effectively and on time.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations.
- Develop and execute training to meet all job requirements and ensure employee compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the sanitation budget and maintain inventory control of all sanitation related materials including chemicals, equipment, tools and PPE. Ensure site inventory levels are maintained, on budget and stored appropriately.
- Measure and analyze Sanitation performance metrics and lead a weekly cross functional sanitation meeting to review findings and assign investigation and corrective action responsibilities to drive continuous improvement.
- Audit sanitation related activities, report non-compliances and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements. Update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and verify compliance by front line employees.
- Ensure the chemical dispensing systems function within specification. Solicit technical support from the sanitation chemical provider or corporate sanitation to optimize the cleaning chemistry and application methods.
- Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Characteristics
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Passionate about sanitation and understands its importance to safety and quality of manufactured food products.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach people and develop a high performing team
- Detail and results oriented. Able to drive performance and hold people accountable.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and lead conversations and meetings.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. read, speak and write) in English
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, WHMIS, First Aid, Food Safety, Basic Food Microbiology, Lock Out and Tag Out, and Health and Safety Regulations
- Able to work in cold manufacturing environment conditions, work with chemicals and stand/walk regularly
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Tillsonburg Custom Foods will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 519-688-9670 ext. 112.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisor: 5 years (Required)
- Sanitation: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)