Role and Responsibilities
TYS requires a Marine Service Technician. Marine Service Technicians inspect, maintain, and repair boats of all kinds. Using diagnostic equipment, they test and repair boat engines, hulls, propellers, rigging, masts, sails, and navigational equipment. They also install and test sanitation and refrigeration systems, cabinetry, electronics, electrical systems, steering gear, and accessories.
- Perform maintenance/repairs on gas and diesel engines
- Perform maintenance/repairs on AC/DC on board electrical systems
- Perform maintenance/repairs on board domestic systems.
- Installation of Raymarine navigation electronic equipment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate a strong sense of flexibility; self-motivated, able to work effectively under pressure; ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Other duties as required.
- Have attended a Marine Engine Technician Training Program (offered by Canadore College, Georgian College or Sault College)
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Have a valid (class G) Ontario driver’s license (clean driving record)
- Industry certification (Volvo Penta, Mercruiser, Raymarine, ABYC)
- Experience with gas (EFI) and diesel engines
- Experience with AC/DC on board electrical systems
- Experience with on board domestic (plumbing and HVAC) systems
- Experience operating power and/or sailing vessels
- Good communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Standard computer skills
- Self starter/desire to learn
- Ability to work independently
Job Type: Full-time