Job Number: 81173
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: InptOnc,CritCare & PallCareAdm
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: Apr 1, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 8, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
C4 is an inpatient unit providing care for individuals with malignant hematological diseases. The primary modes of therapy are intensive chemotherapy, transfusion and antibiotic support for immunosuppression and stem cell transplantation.
As a member of the healthcare team, provides clinical support in patient care areas. Functions according to the job description for Healthcare Aides.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Personal Support Worker or Healthcare Aide Certificate or nursing student with successful completion of all level 2 courses at McMaster University or nursing student with successful completion of all level 2 courses in McMaster University and Mohawk College collaborative program or nursing student with successful completion of all level 1 courses in the Mohawk College Diploma program
2. Computer familiarity or willingness to learn computer skills as required
3. Minimum of 3 years' experience (within the 5 years) of direct patient care required
4. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, teamwork skills
5. Demonstrated initiative and judgement appropriate for the position
6. Ability to accept assigned or delegated functions
7. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
8. Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
9. Ability to lift using appropriate lifting techniques and bend, push and pull using good body mechanics
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement