Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for Senior IT Support Analyst to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
The Senior IT Support Analyst has primary responsibility for identifying and implementing timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations throughout the Company. This position is required to manage and record all issues in Champion Petfoods’ IT ticketing system and to achieve problem resolution by conducting question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, and communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language. The Senior IT Support Analyst also has responsibility for configuring, installing, and supporting the Company’s hardware and software and for assisting in the research, testing, and evaluation of new hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
Based in our brand-new kitchen in Acheson, AB, this position will travel throughout the Edmonton region to our various locations as part of day to day duties.
- Provide timely IT technical support and problem resolution to employees and to independent contractors throughout the Company.
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop/laptop hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
- Act as a Tier 2 resource for IT Support Analysts.
- Act as a resource on issues regarding voice over internet and data telecommunications.
- Coordinate the implementation of communication-related moves, changes, or additions, both externally (vendors) and internally (various corporate departments).
- Assist IT leaders in identifying appropriate technology to use based upon consultation with relevant departments, researched requirements, and defined and/or established technical standards.
- Assist with technical planning and support for upgrades, new applications, and system integration, and assist with the creation of specifications and procedures for the installation and use of standard hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of problems/solutions within the I.T. ticketing system
- Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provides end user training where required.
- Assists the Service and Support team with hardware installations and troubleshooting.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations and printers.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Prepare status reports, network summaries, and other reports and/or documentation as requested, and maintain a comprehensive recordkeeping system.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy to end-user queries regarding the use of standard hardware and software, Internet connectivity, password resets, configurations, etc.
- Conduct training sessions for end-users as required or directed, and attend training classes, seminars, and/or conferences as required or directed.
- Monitor and maintain kitchen application server.
- Assist PLC technicians with network connectivity.
- Assist with M3 User Profile Creation and Profile Troubleshooting.
- Assist with the maintenance of corporate firewall under the direction of CPF Network specialists and or network vendors.
- Assist in the management of Salesforce, user accounts, access and dashboard working spaces.
- Assist in the procurement of IT related hardware through corporate approved vendors.
- Manage the Businesses’ Canadian Mobile Corporate Account (Telus IQ).
- Provide leadership and direction to the deployment of mobile devices and application of MDM.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science.
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience with the Company’s information system technologies: Windows Server 2008/2012, VOIP Systems, Exchange/Office 365, and Salesforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to clearly communicate ideas and proposals and to discuss technical issues with non-technical clients.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical abilities, with ability to identify problems and determine, implement solutions, often within a time sensitive framework.
- Good planning skills, including ability to organize, prioritize, and execute, often within a time sensitive framework.
- Ability to break down and reassemble all equipment in the department for sanitation purposes.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License (other than motorcycle), with ability to travel between the Company’s locations and willingness to accept temporary assignment(s) to additional Company locations.
- Ability to work extended business hours, days and weekends as necessary, and to be accessible (via company cell phone) to corporate employee end-users needing after-hours IT support.
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations.
- Travel to other locations is required.