Pacesetter Equipment has over 40 years of combined Heavy Equipment experience, our team knows the industry very well. We are strive to help our customers find the right equipment for their projects. We are what you would call a ONE STOP RENTAL SHOP! All our units come fully serviced, a thorough inspection is conducted before rental units go out to customers and rental return inspections when units are returned. In addition to renting units to customers we also provide transportation services.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join the Pacesetter team for the FULL TIME position of Safety Coordinator / Office Assistant. You would be looking after our Safety needs and performing office/receptionist duties on daily basis. In addition to Safety, this job calls for administrative support across the organisation. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful, you will need to have a pleasant personality in order to provide outstanding customer service. When the need arises, safety emergencies must be dealt with in a timely and effective manner. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
- Be a leader and advise management on safety legislation, code, and regulations
- Extensive interaction with all personnel to identify and correct unsafe conditions or work practices
- Monitor workplace hazards through regular inspections, plan corrective action taken, and make suggestions for improvement
- Management of annual COR Safety Audit
- Lead and direct workplace investigations and reporting to WCB
- Report workplace injuries to WCB and liaise with HR/Supervisors on return to work programs
- Lead employee monthly health and safety meetings, provide updates on safety practices and policies
- Responsible for health and safety training e.g. safety orientations, safety responsibilities, safe work procedures, incident investigations, lock out procedures, hazardous products, engineering controls, emergency preparedness etc.
- JOHSC coordination, chair the meetings, prepare minutes, and coordinate the completion of corrective actions
- Participate in the design and implementation of safety awareness programs
- Statistical data collection, reporting and record keeping
- Demonstrate commitment to safety programs and policies.
- In-depth knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and Worker’s Compensation Act
Office Assistant Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Assist Senior and Middle Management as required
- Occupational Health & Safety Diploma/Certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a safety position in a work shop or heavy equipment environment.
- Additional certifications are an asset i.e. First Aid, OHC, Incident Investigation, Fall Protection, Train the Trainer, Supervisor Training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
Job Type: Full-time