We are searching for an experienced, engaging and courteous Barista who is passionate about coffee preparation and education. To succeed as a barista, you must be committed to providing customers with exceptional service as well as an excellent cup of coffee.
We have employee discounts, flexible schedules, weekend work and overtime opportunities available. Uniforms (Shirt and Apron) are provided.
- Promotes coffee consumption by selling coffee, tea, and using coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee and tea drinks, along with our signature pancakes. Know how to make latte art works is a plus.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee/ tea interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the drink menu; answering questions, highlighting differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods, as well as accepting orders and payments.
- Prepares drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, americano, café latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cleaning and emptying trash, sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Ability to MULTITASK
- Ability to listen
- Basic safety awareness
- People skills
- Action oriented
- Coffee Latte art skill is a plus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Prior café or coffee shop experience required, experience in manual La Marzocco espresso preferred
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 1 required, or ability to obtain within 2 weeks of hiring
- Phone and point-of-sale software skills required
- Experience in food and beverage preparation and customer service required
- Willingness to continue learning and upgrading your craft
- Exceptional listening and communication skill
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, mornings, weekends, and holidays
- A polite, engaging personality
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Please wear a mask and sanitize your hands once you arrive at the interview location.
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 1 (preferred)
Application deadline: 2021-09-30