Eastway Tank - Ottawa, ON
This is a unique opportunity to “run your own shop” – the way “you know it needs to be run” in order to have smiling
customers who keep coming back! All in the beautiful Nation’s Capital.
Eastway Tank has been custom building fuel trucks since 1968. Our customers are looking for a “one stop shop” where
they can get specialized fuel truck service work done - as well as mechanical repairs and safeties performed by a licensed
truck and coach mechanic.
Eastway is looking for a seasoned 310T mechanic with these qualities:
- Leadership and initiative.
- Deep conviction for superior customer service.
- Comfortable working with minimal hands on supervision.
- Ability to work with a newly graduated 310T mechanic.
Full-time, days (occasional overtime).
- TRUCK AND COACH TECHNICIAN 310T (“red seal”).
- 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Lead hand and/or shop supervision experience an asset.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competitive compensation.
- Superior benefit plan.
- An opportunity to work for a stable business with a successful track record dating back to 1968.
- Maintain good relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Diagnose issues and recommend required repairs. Troubleshooting experience.
- Write up quotes and communicate with customers. Obtain appropriate customer pre-approval of major repairs.
- Perform required repairs.
- Conduct road safety assessments in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Design and recommend preventative maintenance programs to customers.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Undertake business development activities in the marketplace to help grow the business (e.g. sales calls to fleet
owners and other potential customers).
- Supervise a mechanic’s apprentice. Work together on job quality reviews.
- Work with Parts Manager to source parts in a timely fashion.
- Record time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted in shop system.
- Must have basic tools and valid driver’s license (D-Z an asset).