Job title :
NURSING UNIT ASSISTANT
VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, BC is looking for a Casual Nursing Unit Assistant.....Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- A Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
Hours of work:
- Prioritizes, processes, coordinates and transcribes physicians’ orders;
- Acts as a communication link for the Unit;
- Schedules, books and coordinates patient/resident appointments;
- Assembles and maintains patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribes information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
- Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
- Maintains timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
- Observes patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights - 07:30 to 19:30, 13:34 to 23:00, 19:30 to 07:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 min Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications