Perennia Food and Agriculture Inc. is the province’s technical development agency focused solely on the advancement of province’s agriculture, seafood and aquaculture sectors. Our highly skilled and collaborative team’s mandate is to create value for the industry and the agency through the development and implementation of programs and consulting services. To assist in this effort, we are seeking Finance/Payroll Administrator based in Kentville to join our growing team of 60+ employees.
The Finance/Payroll Administrator is responsible for payroll for 60+ employees including timely and accurate reporting of payroll data and multiple financial activities relating to company twice-monthly payroll functions. Other Finance responsibilities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, the processing of staff expenses, journal entry preparation, assisting with month end close process, account reconciliations and working papers as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collection, verification and entry of payroll data
- Submission of payroll upon approval
- Assist with payroll reporting
- Preparing T4’s, process separation paperwork, record of employment and final payments to employee’s in accordance to HRSDC regulations/NS Labour Standards regulations.
- Processing all invoices on vendor accounts, expenses, credit cards and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Answering all inquiries regarding payment status on invoices, and resolve invoice discrepancies on account.
- Prepare weekly, and monthly payments as necessary via cheque, EFT, and Wire.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements as required.
- Creating and maintaining vendor files
- Ensuring procurement policy and rules are being followed.
- Processing customer invoices, credits and payments on account.
- Creating and maintaining customer files.
- Responsible for archiving invoices in accordance with company policy.
- Answering all inquiries regarding payment status on invoices, and disputed invoices on account.
- Assist with collections process as required
- Under graduate degree (Business) or Community college diploma in accounting,with specific experience in the functions of payroll administration, accounts payable, accounts receivable and assistance with the month end close process with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience payroll practitioner with Payroll Compliance Practitioner certificate
- Past experience with Sage 50 is asset.
- Proficiency with payroll programs and applications is essential.
- Experience managing in processing of salaries, benefits, and other forms of compensation is fundamental.
- Prior experience with an outside payroll service provider an asset (Ceridian).
- You will be personally driven, with a passion for client service, attention to detail, high accuracy, and a strong focus on confidentially and ethics.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Perennia offers a competitive compensation package based on the candidate’s skill and experience. This includes base salary, benefits, employer matching RRSP plan, personal days and three weeks’ vacation to start.
To apply for this exciting new position at Perennia, please email a combined PDF or Word cover letter noting compensation expectations by noon on October 29th, 2019.
Only those granted interviews will be contacted. For more information about Perennia visit their website at www.perennia.ca
Perennia is an equal opportunity employer
Job Types: Full-time, Commission