This position is in our Red Deer Office and reports directly to the VP, of Supply Chain. It is the top Information Technology (IT) position at Pumps & Pressure Inc. with overall responsibility for the ongoing planning and management of Pumps & Pressures IT needs. The successful candidate will work closely with all members of Pumps & Pressure’s management team, manage IT operations and systems development, prepare performance reports and budgets.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of all systems, applications and network operations, including, Email systems (Exchange Online), Servers (Microsoft 2008R2 – 2019), Virtual environment (Hyper-V), SQL 2014, Domain Management, Network Switches (Netgear and Cisco Meraki), Data Backup (Symantec), Helpdesk Ticketing, Firewalls (Sonicwall and Cisco Meraki), Antivirus (Trend Micro), SharePoint Online. Also Business Phone Systems, Cellular Phones, Fleet GPS, Building Security, Access Controls & Surveillance, Building Alarms, Dell Desktops, Windows 7 and 10 OS, HP Printers, Xerox Copiers and Zebra Label printers.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all aspects of P&P’s IT
- Lead IT department strategic and tactical planning processes
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing, computer systems operations and development, and IT security
- Meet with P&P management to determine system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Help manage IT contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Accountable for IT budgets and expenditures
- Interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT related issues and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of all P&P hardware and software products
- Effectively represent IT, and cross-functional team meetings
- Ensure the P&P management team is kept current on IT operational performance and project status
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized Training when required
- Proactively initiate and implement improvements in all areas of IT
- Provide technical information and analyze / maintain infrastructure to ensure security, standards and compliance;
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices to help in the proactive management of network resources;
- Install systems hardware, software and develop documentation or guides for users;
- Contribute to change management and identify opportunities for process improvements;
- Continually strive for process improvement and cost saving while maintaining/improving customer service.
- Become an integral part of various internal and external committees; the purpose being to actively share information and expertise, working to transfer knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 3 years (Required)