West-Can Seal Coating Inc. is a fourth generation family owned road construction company specializing in the preservation of asphalt roads in Western Canada. We have been improving the quality of Western Canadian roads since 1986 and its people like you that make us a success!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our every growing team. Currently however our focus is on finding experienced Road Construction Foremen with a drive to achieve the very best in all that they do.
What will it take to be the successful candidate who will join the leading pavement preservation company in Western Canada?
- Have previous experience leading and mentoring a crew of 15-30 which consists of drivers, operators, labourers and traffic controllers
- Instruct your crew on daily activities and follow up to ensure quality and workmanship standards are met
- Meet production goals and run-times while maintaining a forward thinking mindset
- Complete production reports, material ordered and time logs daily with a high level of accuracy
- Keep a detailed record of daily events, communications, weather, delays, equipment issues, employee issues, etc.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers, consultants, employees, suppliers, colleagues and management
- Develop field related policies and standard operating procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment with a strict adherence to company equipment and fleet maintenance.
Focusing on Workplace Safety…
- Comply with West-Can and Local OH&S regulations
- Monitor and enforce employee compliance with West-Can and OH&S regulations
- Increase overall Health, Safety and Environmental awareness through pro-active approaches
- Hold regular tool-box talks and communicate companywide safety bulletins
- Ensure all incidents (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, lost time, etc.) are reported and related documentation filled out before the end of the shift.
What you’re great at…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Able to work extended hours away from home in a variety of weather conditions
- Work with limited supervision
- Work under pressure while exercising sound judgement and a concern for safety.
You’re educated and experienced…
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Current Class 5 Driver’s License or better(1 or 3) with a clean abstract
- Competent with Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time