WHO WE ARE
Bonatti is an international general contractor with over 70 years of experience in the oil & gas and power industry, successfully completing challenging projects under the most critical environmental and logistical conditions, combining advanced construction methods and technologies.
The Field Scheduler will play an integral role in the Commercial team. This team is responsible for providing timely and accurate cost data, live reporting of progress and provision of the reports that are key in enabling the Project Leadership to make informed decisions and to allow the Commercial Team to manage change effectively and to apply for its full revenue entitlement on a timely basis.
As part of this team, the Field Scheduler is responsible for maintaining the project schedule, recording progress and tracking change against baseline, as well proactively addressing project schedule and production issues. The role includes providing reports to key stakeholders and clients and assisting in providing alternative scenario planning.
- Maintain and revise project schedule baselines as required.
- Liaise with Construction Management Team and Project Controls Lead regarding scheduling conflicts and be able to discuss impacts of the work progress and offer resolution to problems.
- Exercise independent judgment in the selection, classification, compilation and analysis of data obtained from a variety of sources.
- Review complex project schedules for validity, logic, and verify they meet scheduling best practices.
- Review, monitor and report on the progress of work and any problems that affect the planned production.
- Responsible for production of and maintenance of resource histograms and cash flow analyses in liaison with the Project Controls Lead throughout the project life cycle.
- Evaluate actual construction progress, forecast completion dates and provide regular schedule updates with written narratives.
- Prepare and update schedule basis narratives as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of all other essential records and reports.
- Use CPM (Critical Path Method) scheduling to determine the longest path and perform schedule sensitivity analyses.
- Perform TIA (Time Impact Analysis) on project schedules using total float.
- Identify and assess risks to project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Support the project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Compile daily and weekly production and productivity reports.
- Conduct analysis to develop what if scenarios and schedule recovery plans.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 to 6 years of experience in a project planning role, preferably in the oil and gas pipeline construction industry.
- Intricate knowledge of Primavera (P6) capabilities including but not limited to importing/exporting, global changes, Work Breakdown Structure creation, Critical Path Methodology, resource loading & monitoring, project layouts and formatting.
- Experience with EVM (Earned Value Management).
- Experience in MS Projects and TILOS time-location planning software is considered an asset.
- Discipline in maintaining an accurate change log, where any amendments to the Schedule are made/ required.
- Ability to work well as part of a high functioning team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to use judgment and critical thinking skills when faced with ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to create effective solutions.
- High proficiency with analytical tools, particularly spreadsheets and application software.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and maintain strong relationships across different teams, in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- Engineering or Construction Management Degree, or graduate of an applicable technical diploma program, and / or combination of education and relevant experience.
This position may be located at our project sites in British Columbia
Job Type: Full-time