The successful candidate translates scheduled and unscheduled customer assets into a work schedule involving several sequential operations.
The Production Planner controls various production factors to ensure balanced and levelled loads; appropriate utilization of available capacity (labour, tools and equipment); and bottleneck management, allowing for a controlled flow of approved materiel to meet delivery requirements.
- Analyzes production specifications to determine process flows/routings, labour and materiel requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow according to previously established sequences and lead times.
- Coordinates, monitors and expedites the movement of parts, supplies and materiel within and between cells/business units to ensure that supplies, materiel and products are shipped and received on schedule.
- Revises and reschedules production to compensate for rush order priorities, materiel shortages, vendors' failure to deliver and/or customer priority changes.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Coordinates back-ordered parts list to expedite and secure shipping dates.
- Acts as a liaison between production, purchasing, shipping, receiving and management to procure materiel and ensure a smooth flow of production.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, materiel availability and routine production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materiel and services are provided as needed.
- Prepares and maintains various reports on the progress of work, materiel used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
- Performs materiel handling functions.
- Identifies and initiates improvements to production process flows.
- Facilitates production meetings as required.
- 1-3 years of experience in production planning and scheduling in a high paced, manufacturing environment.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP and/or MRP computer systems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office (specifically MS Excel) and superior data analysis abilities.
- Enrolled in APICS, CPIM, or equivalent program would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time