The Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499 is now accepting applications for a Community Safety Officer. This is a full time permanent position located in the Town of Turtleford.
Turtleford is a strong thriving community, located equidistant between the larger centers of Lloydminster and North Battleford. The region has a diversified background with a strong agricultural sector and a vibrant oil and gas sector. There are various amenities within the region including hockey arenas, curling rinks, bowling alleys, golf courses, schools, and daycare facilities just to name a few. This, along with the various recreational activities that are available in the surrounding area due to the close proximity of having Bright Sand Lake and Turtle Lake to the community, make it a haven for recreational enthusiasts.
The CSO will be hired by the municipality, appointed by the Ministry through a Special Constable Appointment and will work collaboratively to patrol the hamlets and the RM through the provision of education, prevention, enforcement and intervention with interaction and liaison with RCMP and other law enforcement agencies.
The R.M. offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a competitive salary based on relative experience.
· Respond to complaints and inquiries promptly, effectively and with professionalism
· Build and maintain positive professional working relationships using excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
· Liaise with law enforcement personnel, agencies and other organizations in the area
· Enforcement of municipal Bylaws
· Enforcement of Provincial Statutes as per appointment
· Court preparation and attendance
· Preparation of reports and presentations
· Administrative functions including all aspects of a record management system
· CSO certification, police certification or able to obtain CSO certification
· Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract
· Clean Criminal Record as provided through Enhanced Criminal Records Check
· Successful completion of the Physical Abilities Evaluation Test (PARE) or the Sheriff’s Officer Abilities Test (SOPAT) or the ability to complete the evaluation and pass
· Baton and OC Spray certification, Radar and Defensive Driving, Self-Defense, Heavy Vehicle Weight certification, Conflict Resolution, First Aid and CPR certification as well as previous experience in law enforcement would be considered assets
Please send your resume and references by 4:30 p.m. on March 13, 2020 to:
The Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499
c/o L. Ryan Domotor
Turtleford, SK S0M 2Y0
The municipality would like to thank all who apply and advise that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent