The Store Manager sets the tone for the day, upholds the customer service vision, company values, and culture of the brand making the customer a priority of every interaction. In addition, the Store Manager protects the brand, inspires the employees and ensures the customer experiences comes first above all. The Store Manager is accountable for managing in store revenues, to-go services, fulfilment, ecommerce, sales performance and identifying sales opportunities. In addition, developing overall store strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service, and operational performance goals. The Store Manager maximizes sales and profitability by focusing on the customer experience and key business initiatives, all while minimizing loss and exposure to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Store Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to all the Garden Variety standards of conduct, customer service vision, and company values.
- Oversees and maintains training and comprehension of all Canadian laws, and all local compliance laws and regulations.
- Responsible for all store opening and closing procedures.
- Responsible for all cash handling, store fund management, and daily deposits.
- Responsible for fiscal management of payroll spend, inventory, office supplies, product expirations, and product ordering.
- Analyzes and reports on financial performance. Works proactively to increase market share.
- Recruits and trains the highest quality candidates per Garden Variety standards in collaboration with Human Resources department. Provides constructive feedback and coaching to help employees meet expectations and goals.
- Leads, motivates, and inspires the store team. Coaches employees to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience every time!
- Oversees new employee mentoring program to ensure success of incoming customer experience associates in the store.
- Builds and increases customer retention, foster strong relationships, and develop brand awareness and loyalty.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by observing, listening, interacting, and following-up with customers to ensure satisfaction. Works proactively to solve customer complaints.
- Ensures the implementation and effective application of information, tools, and systems required to meet customer needs.
- Maintains outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Has accountability over and tracks performance management of all employees in partnership with Human Resources.
- Participates in networking and community outreach to create positive relationships within the community.
- Acts as a Change Champion, initiating and supporting positive change and development.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of Store inventory, ecommerce, to-go business, and fulfillment center.
- Accountable for ensuring store is in compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the following: inventory reporting, employee reporting, customer reporting, and packaging.
- Responsible and accountable for store P&L and controllable expenses.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for all employees and customers, which include sales floor, back room, manager offices, and restrooms.
- Attends and participate in all company manager meetings, ongoing education, and professional development.
- Responsible for staff scheduling for maximum effectiveness and efficiency for business operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Effort Requirements
Interpersonal Skills: This role interacts with many internal and external customers, a high degree of personability, conscientiousness and ability to handle difficult situations is required.
Analytical Skills: This role is required to analyze sales data for their store, develop budgets, create and maintain schedules, and generate a structure of informational and pragmatic reporting.
Physical Skills: This role requires the ability to lift and move boxes (up to 75 lbs) within a retail setting. This role will require extended periods of standing and walking throughout the retail store.
Mental Effort: This role requires the Store Manager to be proactive, organized, manage multi-priorities, problem solve, have ability to retain information for details and changes, have a high attention to detail and ability to focus, and communicate to leadership teams and team members. This role requires the Store Manager to act as a though leader and subject matter expert to understand cannabis products, cannabis compliance, sales best practices. This is a high functioning customer service role for the organization.
- Excellent math, language, and reading skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately handle cash, track inventory, and provide outstanding customer service
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others: promote a safe work environment
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Frequently lift up to 75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long periods
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in Retail or Customer Service preferred
- Possess working knowledge of cannabis
- Knowledge of Canadian laws and regulations, as well as provincial laws and regulations, pertaining to cannabis
- High School Graduate or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role. Management, communication, and training skills in a customer service-centric retail environment.
- Previous store management experience preferred.
- Clean criminal record.
- Must have reliable transportation.
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
- Internal: Retail Management, IT, Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain
- External: Customers, Vendors, Licensed Producers
This role works out of a retail store. This role requires use of larger muscle groups (standing, bending, lifting, twisting) to manage product deliveries and inventory. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision. Due to the growing nature of the position and the organization, this role may be required to perform tasks not specifically identified in the duties and responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time