Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls is a 404 guestroom full service hotel, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. The Marriott on the Falls also offers sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
This position is responsible for assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure high quality and consistency of food preparation in accordance to Marriott standards while striving to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Marriott’s Mission, Vision and Values. Duties includes but not limited to:
- Maintaining a clean workstation;
- Receiving, storing and preparing food items needed in the kitchen;
- Preparation of all items as instructed by the Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and Executive Chef;
- Ensuring that all Marriott Health and Safety data recording materials are filled out daily from fridge temperatures to cooking and cooling logs;
- Adhering to standardized recipes in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met; clean and maintain all equipment, counter tops, fridges/freezers and shelves;
- Ensuring all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines;
- Report any areas and equipment in need of a work order; responding positively and in a timely manner to all internal and external guest requests;
- Actively participate in The Marriott’s environmental programs and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations;
- Be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment; foster an environment of cooperation within the department and between other departments within the hotel;
- Perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by management; upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times; minimize wastage in order to reduce food cost experience;
- Adhere to the service excellence behaviours found in the daily basic card; etc.
- Any/all directives given by such culinary leaders.
- Committed to Quality and Hospitality.
- Red Seal Certification or close to completion of Red Seal Certification or 8+ years of related experience.
- Working towards securing Red Seal Certification
- Franchise experience
- Completion of Cook Apprentice Program would be an asset
- Ability to skillfully and efficiently execute every station in a kitchen.
- High volume a la carte and banqueting operations
- Experience in a high volume restaurant environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma preferred.
- Graduated from a recognized culinary program
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time