MacIsaac Gow LLP is a dynamic and growing injury firm with offices in Mississauga. We represent our clients in all aspects of motor vehicle accident, personal injury and property claims in courts and tribunals throughout Ontario. We are looking to expand our team with an experienced Clerk who is motivated, hard-working, and both independent and a team player.
- Correspondence to records and service providers regarding payment.
- Preparation of cheques for payments for services, records provision, and other payments as required.
- Tracking fulfillment of records provision, scheduling, and other measures regarding file advancement
- Scheduling appointments, examinations for discoveries, mediations, calls, etc.
- Managing and maintaining lawyers’ calendars, schedules and agendas.
- Assisting with the firm’s client development including but not limited to, speaking with medical offices, participating in social media as needed, attending marketing and firm development events, etc.
- Maintaining and utilizing an orderly filing and retrieval process to ensure ease of reference to electronic and physical records.
- As required, other document preparation, preparing, editing and formatting correspondence.
- Compassionate client interaction when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to speak comfortably and confidently on the phone or in person empathetically and knowledgeably with clients, lawyers, adjusters and court staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work with minimal supervision in a busy work environment within established time frames.
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative.
- Ability to organize files, revise, proofread and edit documents, and manage a busy and fast-paced practice.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
- Mature work ethic and good sense of humour.
- Ability to learn new computer programs as needed.
- Willingness to learn and continue to develop.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Quickbooks.
- Post-secondary, college, or other formal/on-the-job training.
- Strong working knowledge of accident benefits and tort, court forms, and the Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year