Dawson Construction Limited is a general contractor serving residential and commercial customers in Kamloops and locations throughout Western Canada. We are proud to have played a large role in building the west and we look forward to the challenges of the future.
We are looking for a Permanent, Full-time Project Manager, Paving to join Dawson Construction. This role will report to: Manager, Paving and Aggregates. The position will provide high level leadership and direction to asphalt paving projects and will be accountable for projects to be completed on time and within budget. This position is based in Kamloops, BC and will require approximately 50% travel.
- Define construction methods and indirect costs associated with a project.
- Review and adhere to plans, specifications, addenda and all construction conditions.
- Lead the project strategy and cost breakdown with the project superintendent and general management.
- Lead the local material marketing and sales of Dawson products and services.
- Create project cost codes on an individual project basis with field staff input and relay information to the contract administrator.
- Establish project milestones and direct the updating, revising/analyzing of the project schedule vs. project cost.
- Manage the basic guidelines for the project in areas such as task breakdown; decisions on subcontracting work or using own forces, scheduling, budgeting, project organization and staffing.
- Negotiate, modify and award subcontracts.
- Maintain continuous relations with the design consultant and client at the senior working level.
- Manage and analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
- Facilitate and lead preconstruction/job meetings.
- Prepare monthly progresses and submit in a timely manner to the accounting department for invoicing in conjunction with the project superintendent.
- Code and approve invoices according to the established project cost codes.
- Accountable for overall project performance.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience and understanding of the paving industry; and
- Minimum of five (5) years of paving project management or Site Superintendent experience.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Project Management Professional (PMP) considered an asset.
- Experience managing projects in excess of $2 million.
- Demonstrated skills in management, and effective decision-making capabilities.
- Strong project execution experience with focus on planning, scheduling, cost, and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Projects and Excel.
- Proficiency with HCSS software (Heavy Bid and Heavy Job).
WHY WORK FOR US?
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key member of a well-established people focused family company. We value trust, honesty, integrity and we are committed to providing an environment that supports growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization as a whole. We offer an excellent compensation package, pension, medical benefits, and learning opportunities.
Our Core Values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paving Industry: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paving Project Management or Site Superintendent: 5 years (Preferred)