Delco Automation Inc. is a premiere integrator of process automation and control systems. Delco Automation serves clients in North America and the following industries: water and wastewater, integrated security, ethanol, energy, mining, natural resources, oil and gas, chemicals, forestry, food processing, agriculture, environmental, manufacturing, and Technology. Our head office is centrally-located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Delco Automation is a single source of technical expertise in the combination of process control, SCADA, DCS, PLC's, information systems, instrumentation, measurement, telecommunication systems, and control centers. Delco Automation performs feasibility and planning studies, followed by detailed design, manufacturing, procurement, integration, training, and commissioning for new builds and retrofits.
Delco Automation is able to provide basic consulting or can take complete turn-key contracting responsibility for any size of automation or security project, from small compressor control panels, to customized water treatment plants, to large and integrated security systems.
We are currently recruiting for the position of C# Database Programmer. If you are someone who has experience in ERP programming using C# and the .Net framework, is highly self-motivated, and possesses a strong desire to continually learn and be challenged, we want to hear from you.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Reports To: Automation Manager
Employment Details: Full-Time
The C# Database Programmer is responsible for gathering, assessing and analyzing business needs in a high paced fast-growing environment of professionals in various disciplines. Integration of legacy systems written in C# using Microsoft SQL Server and new open API solutions/modules will be required. Careful and thoughtful identification of internal customer needs in the varied divisions of the company will be a primary function of this position. Superior, customer focused, communication skills are a basic requirement. Once requirements are defined the C# Database Programmer will be responsible for the design, programming, testing and deployment of Delco Automation Inc. internal ERP/Business solutions.
- Evaluate user reported issues and work with other team members to resolve
- Design, build, implement and maintain databases, scripts, views, functions and stored procedures within SQL Server to support application software.
- Ensure integrity and validity of data extracted from the applications.
- Assist in documenting system requirements, defining scope and objectives.
- Assist with implementation of software in new sites including process analysis, importing data from legacy systems, testing and validation.
- Develop test plans; perform testing per approved plans and coordinate end user testing activity.
- Installation and testing of vendor software patches and upgrades where applicable
- Track all programming changes using help desk and version control software
- Develop interfaces to external applications such as financial packages, inventory systems, etc.
- Develop interfaces to Microsoft Azure
- Development & customization programming as required .NET, C#, SQL, Reports, Power BI, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Documentation and user support.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in application development using Microsoft C# and Visual Studio
- Minimum of 5 years supporting Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of relational database design and concepts
- Knowledge of net, NET, C#, SQL, WinForms, WCF, Developers Express WinForms components
- Solid background of designing, developing & testing various software applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM or Microsoft CRM on premise customization and programming
- Experience in role requiring attention to detail, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft TFS and/or GIT source code control
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in working in IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Highly motivated individual that can research issues and solutions independently.
- Ability to decipher large amounts of existing code and identify sections of code requiring changes.
- Knowledge and experience working with an ERP system. Background with Finance, Purchasing, Order Entry, Project Management and Manufacturing applications.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations and processes, ability to execute tactically
- Solid understanding of relational databases and proper design for scalability. MS SQL experience is a must.
- Ability to work in a professional environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business, legal, engineering and other stakeholders to deliver products/services
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Proficiency with software development best practices and system architectures
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts with both internal and external partners.
- Strong time management, planning skills and sense of priorities.
Diploma/degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
Applicants outside of Canada will not be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- proven: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)