This is a one year contract role
The Senior Housing Administrator provides training and support in all administrative duties and responsibilities of Housing Administrators. The Senior Housing Administrator must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate outstanding organizational abilities. They must be able to prepare packages, read financial documents, organize complex projects, and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
1. Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Responsible for the training and development of employees in regards to Administrative duties and responsibilities, as well as Rent Geared to Income (RGI) calculations.
- Complete performance evaluations for employees when required.
- Assist with compliance of employees within established company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure that employees maintain the levels of competency and standards of quality needed to perform their job duties.
- Provide support in covering on-site office hours during staff vacations and sick days.
- Provide direct feedback to all employees on a regular basis and document performance when necessary.
- Ensures that all information requests and documents are dealt with immediately.
- Assist in the coordination and training schedule for new employees.
- Ensure all staff have clean and organized work stations and that filing is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with board packages, action lists, action list follow-up, arrears and vacancy reports as required.
- Train on proper minute taking with regards to motions, quorums, listing of new members names and evictions.
- Ensure new hires are aware of the Move-ins, Transfers, Move-outs, Evictions and Performance Agreement processes.
- Ensure all binders, forms and lists are updated in a timely manner as required.
- Assist with operational review preparations and response letters.
- Review all board and general member’s meeting minutes.
Rent Geared to Income (RGI)
- Ensure staff are meeting all assigned deadlines.
- Provide on-site support to staff that require assistance.
- Review and update all files, lists and letters when necessary.
- Approve all calculations when applicable.
- Conduct RGI appeal reviews when necessary.
- Meet with members/tenants to discuss their concerns with regards to calculations and appeals.
- Personally assess and calculate RGI in the absence of the Housing Administrator.
- Complete all necessary paperwork once RGI’s are approved.
- Ensure staff are aware of what documents to collect from members/tenants to process RGI calculation and how to address missing information.
- Ensure HM Worx is up to date and all necessary changes are made to the system when required.
- Establish and monitor the list of over-housed members / tenants.
- Adapt to new ideas and emerging situations.
- Attend board / General Members and Annual General Member’s meetings when required.
- Act as on-site administrator until official site-staff is hired or assigned.
- Assist with employee transfers from one site to another.
- Assist with data entry in accounting systems when required.
- Provide information on the procedures and regulations of the Social Housing Reform Act, 2000, specifically rent-geared-to-income calculations.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administration Manager from time to time.
2. Performance Measurements
Performance will primarily be measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication and Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service and Teamwork
Recognized Collage Diploma or University Degree
Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
Must possess superior decision making ability
Must possess excellent knowledge of RGI Calculations
Must possess fair understanding of computer systems
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Must have a valid class “G” driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Minimum of three (3) years industry experience