Posting: Monday, April 1st, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, April 26th, 2019 (or as soon as a suitable candidate is found)
Position: Administrative Assistant – EASE Preschool Program
Reports to: EASE Principal and Office Coordinator/Administrative Supervisor
Location: Red Deer, AB
Status: 0.8 FTE
Start date: Week of May 13, 2019 or as negotiated
Wage range: As per Aspire salary grid, and commensurate with experience.
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing, and we want you to join us! Aspire’s mission is to provide hope to children with special needs, the families who love them and the communities that care for them. The Administrative Assistant is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in supporting the EASE Preschool Program staff and families, as well as Aspire’s overall administrative operations.
The Administrative Assistant provides efficient and accurate administrative support for the EASE Preschool team. The Administrative Assistant also provides relief for Administrative Assistant/Receptionist and Transportation Dispatcher when required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and update as necessary information for EASE attending students in PASI database and Giftworks database
- Maintain and record absent children and Child Development Facilitators on white board and in Outlook calendar, notify staff
- EASE general reception and telephones
- General administration as needed for EASE team, filing, calls, faxing etc.
- Coordinate case conferences with receiving school division staff. Input and maintain all meetings (including booking the space), appointments and case conferences in Outlook calendar
- Prepare, photocopy and distribute general materials as required by teachers and therapists
- Coordinate and operate videotaping (media equipment or video equipment)
- Purchase and replenish program supplies and materials as needed
- Provide Reception relief for lunch (12:00 pm – 1:00pm)
- Maintain master keys/security for 2nd floor
- Provide afternoon coverage for Transportation Dispatcher
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in Administration an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective Self-starter
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively
- Successful in considering all aspects of scope in decision making, not just the issue at hand.
- Capable of problem solving quickly
- Works well under pressure
- Skilled in meeting tight deadlines
- Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Able to liaise well with others and delegate tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Database program – Giftworks
- Alberta Education Database
- The Administrative Assistant works out of the Aspire Centre
- The Administrative Assistant works 0.8 FTE = 30 hours/week, 1560 hours/12 months.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wednesdays off
Group benefits accompany this position, after successful completion of probationary period.
If you meet the above requirements, please send resume, along with three references, to Diana Sutton, Office Coordinator/Administrative Supervisor on or before April 26, 2019
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.10 to $20.65 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)