Impressions Autobody is looking for a highly efficient, detail oriented body technician.
The body technician must be able to dismantle vehicles 100% and provide a comprehensive list of parts and labour in order to identify collision damage early on.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- use of frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies,
- removal of badly damaged sections of vehicles (e.g. roof, rear body panels, etc.) and weld in new sections,
- repair damage to body panels and weld sheet metal,
- apply masking to the bumpers, windows and trim and use a spray gun to apply primer.
The auto body technician will then clean and smooth the surface before applying the finish,
- repair and/or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings,
- replace accident damage components in hybrid systems, airbags and restraint systems, and
- inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling.
Skills and abilities:
- strength, stamina and the use of proper lifting techniques to handle heavy tools and parts weighing up to 100 lbs;
- hand skills to perform technical repairs;
- creativity, patience and an eye for detail;
- current knowledge of the changes in plastics, electronics, metals, finishes and vehicle systems;
Job available immediately, please email your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Auto Body Repair: 5 years (Required)