Langdon Hall is one of 13 properties in Canada recognized by Relais & Châteaux for a standard of excellence. Only one hour from Toronto and 90 minutes from the Niagara area, Langdon Hall is a place for those who admire beautiful things and timeless experiences. The hotel offers 60 luxurious guest suites, a full-service spa, outdoor swimming pool, a Five-Diamond award-winning restaurant with elegant reception rooms, and gorgeous event rooms for weddings, conferences and special events. Surrounded by 75 acres of Carolinian Forest, Olmsted designed gardens, manicured lawns and cultivated displays of colour, Langdon Hall is a place where time seems to stand still.
As much as our unique property and associations appeal to our guests, it is our staff that truly make Langdon Hall a luxurious escape. Regardless of the position in which they make their mark, our staff are dedicated to providing exemplary service and are considered leaders in hospitality.
Achieving our evolving objective to provide exceptional surroundings and service for our guests resulting in a visit to our unique property which consistently exceeds expectations requires skilled and motivated staff.
We currently seek a highly motivated Full Time Laundry Attendant to join our dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort linens for washer
- Remove stains from badly soiled linen
- Dispose of linen and terry properly
- Operate washers and dryers properly as well as ensuring that the correct chemicals (and amounts) are being used
- Fold linens to hotel standards and keep stock organized in designated places
- Wash bed wraps, duvets, mattress pads, and blankets in accordance with hotel standards
- Keep laundry area and storage areas neat and clean
- Assist housekeepers in cleanliness of hotel as required
- Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicate needs to manager
- Maintain all laundry equipment and inform facilities manager as to any maintenance needs
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury; reporting hazards; appropriate use of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping hazards
- Report any damages or repairs to your supervisor or manager
- Comply with Langdon Hall’s policies, procedures and Core Values
- Uniform and personal appearance are kept clean and professional and are in accordance with Langdon Hall’s Grooming Policy
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions in English and communicate effectively to others in English.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Take initiative in solving problems
- Excellent Guest Services skills
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all co-workers and guests
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Fast paced environment – must be able to work under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Lifting: Under 20lbs 50% of work time
- Carrying: Over 20lbs 10% of work time
- Pulling: Over 20lbs 50% of work time
- Able to perform repetitive physically demanding tasks; standing for long periods of times, bending, crouching, kneeling, and reaching.
- Ability to work in moderately noisy work environment for long periods of time and communicate effectively in this environment
- Exposure to chemicals
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures
Must have own transportation and be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Langdon Hall welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate your interest in Langdon Hall but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.60 to $17.10 /hour