Realtor.com has set out to make sure we are the best place to buy a home, and it's one of the most popular real estate destinations with over 60 million unique users each month.
We are now embarking on adding the next wave of functionality for our mortgage service that is core to modern digital real estate business, and we are looking for a senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the Mortgage team to lead our team and help us redefine and deliver the new appealing mortgage product and customer experiences for realtor.com ( http://realtor.com/ ).
We are a large group of teams collaborating together to bring the best home shopping experience to consumers every week. If you're excited about solving hard technical problems in the software space, and want your work to make an immediate impact in the real consumer market, this is the place for you. Join us in delivering next generation mortgage products and help our consumer facing team build great experiences that serve hundreds of thousands of home shoppers every month.
Our key values:
- Compete with Passion: Approach every opportunity with determination and urgency
- Partner to Win: Be sought out for your expertise, collaborative work style, and reputation for getting things done
- Challenge Conventional Thinking: Be eager to find better ways the leads us in new and innovative directions
- Be Real: Be authentic, be honest, be you
- Seek to Amaze: Exceed the expectations of consumers, customers, and colleagues - always
- Develop server side rendered user experiences in React with Next.js
- Develop API endpoints in a micro-service architecture (REST and GraphQL)
- Deploy docker containers (ECS) and lambdas (Serverless) to AWS
- Work with various stakeholders (Product, User Experience) to determine acceptance criteria
- Maintain high availability and measure performance of services at scale
- Ensure code is well tested via unit, component, and integration tests
- Be a strong code reviewer and a good architect at a class level / feature level
- Take ownership to lead projects to completion and mentor Junior/Co-op developers
- Work with PM, designer, and Senior engineers to develop features
- Act like a catalyst for the team and handle communication with your dependencies and various stakeholders
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience shipping consumer facing web experiences
- Up to date knowledge of front-end best practices for CSS and HTML
- Experience of building large scalable back end services using Node.js and running databases (PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL)
- Experience with caching (Redis, Memcache)
- Experience developing across multiple application (microservice architecture)
- CI/CD pipeline and QE automation tools
- Docker and AWS experience including EC2, ECS, API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudformation, DynamoDB and RDS
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com ( http://realtor.com/ ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com ( http://realtor.com/ ) will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.