Reporting to the Operations the successful candidate will be responsible to work with our team for the repair and maintenance of our hotel, residential and commercial properties. The Maintenance Technician shall perform general handyman duties, renovation, and other related tasks on properties owned and managed by the employer and its affiliated companies within the Edmonton areas.
- Comply with Health and Safety and WHMIS requirements for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintaining the physical integrity of the assigned facility through general maintenance and up-keep. Perform regular property inspections and repairs of common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Perform repair and maintenance related to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.
- Completing physically demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, DDC BAS systems, fire and life safety systems.
- Drywall, paintings, flooring repair and installation
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- General clean-up of interior and exterior of assigned facility as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fuel allowance provided - MUST HAVE OWN TRUCK.
- Proven relevant mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- General understanding of basic mechanical, plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Must have clean driving records and basic hand tools.
- Must have satisfactory Police security clearance.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Physically fit with ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, push and pull as well as go up and down stairs.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma and at least 3 years work related experience.
- Previous experience in residential and commercial property maintenance or related field.
- Must be able to operate power tools and equipment, and familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
Please apply in confidence, by submitting your Cover Letter and Resume with salary expectations .
Pay will be based on ability and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)