River Rock Casino Resort, a subsidiary of Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, is Western Canada’s only Four-Diamond Casino Resort. River Rock has something for everyone, whether you are looking to enjoy our incredible gaming experience in our casino, indulge in our food & beverage options, enjoy some live entertainment in our Theater or enjoy our amazing hotel accommodations. We are nestled along the river offering beautiful scenery and are situated by the Canada Line Skytrain and close to Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
As a member of the River Rock team you will share our VALUES of Team Work, Guest Focus, Integrity, Recognition and Social Responsibility as they are the pillars to our success. In addition, you will be eligible for some amazing perks!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for self-motivated individuals who are able to perform physically demanding tasks of a hotel Room Attendant in a fast pace environment. We are looking for team members eager to be a part of the Rock Solid team and take pride in their work of maintaining the cleanliness of assigned guest’s rooms and public areas of the Resort
Other responsibilities include:
- Making beds, changing linen, vacuuming and cleaning as per policies and procedure
- Providing the rooms with fresh towels and toiletries
- Restocking inventories as required
- Answering guests’ questions
- Checking that TVs, radios, lights and AC/Heating are in proper working order
- Dusting and polishing furniture
- Scrubbing floors, walls and windows as required
- Emptying and cleaning waste paper baskets and ashtrays
- Removing linens and garbage to appropriate bins
- Shampooing carpets as directed and required
- Reporting damages to Team Leader or Manager
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Part Time - You generally work less than 24 hours per week (hours may vary depending on operational needs) in a variety of shifts including early mornings and weekends as we operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Minimum 6 months housekeeping experience
- Energetic, highly motivated
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment· Ability to successfully obtain a Criminal Record Check
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.81 to $22.41 /hour
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)