The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, the WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time. http://www.waa.ca
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service Desk, the Service Desk Technical Lead will provide customer service for technical support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution to all corporate users. This role is also responsible for technical training of the Service Desk Technicians and would act as a mid-tier escalation point.
- Maintain the IT Service Management Program with internal auditing /reporting of the IT Ticketing tool, in compliance with the ITIL standards, processes and procedures and satisfy customer service benchmarks;
- Maintenance of the Knowledge Portal and assigning/tracking of outstanding documentation;
- Aid with Problem Management, review tickets, look for re-occurring incidents and recommend areas of investigation for Problem Management review, and aid in investigations;
- Ensure up-to-date records in IT Asset Management tool;
- Work with the IT team to configure features and functions to enhance and improve support processes;
- Administer corporate tools for users and work with users to resolve issues;
- Provide mid-tier support between IT Team;
- Train Service Desk Technician Team;
- Create and maintain Service Desk Technical Documentation;
- Ensure Service Desk Support work is performed correctly, as required; and
- Backfill Service Desk technician duties, as required.
Selection Criteria include:
- Completed 2 year post-secondary education in Information Technology from a credible Technical College;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT work station end user support;
- Certification in Comptia A+, Network+ (Server+ would be an asset);
- Completed ITIL Foundations Certification preferred;
- Experience working within an ITIL compliant environment preferred with experience in change management and problem management and request fulfillment;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or equivalent knowledge;
- Expert knowledge in Software packages such as ITSM Tools, Microsoft Office365, Image management tools, Patch Management tools, and any relevant COTS applications;
- Active learner & Problem Solver navigating through complex information to effectively solve problems;
- Process focused effectively optimizing work processes with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Accountability for program and service times holding self and others accountable to meet commitments;
- Strong Development skills actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged ;
- Troubleshooting through ambiguity operating effectively, even when things are not certain;
- Proven subject matter skills in training/ supporting junior employees;
- Commitment to service excellence to our internal and external customers;
- Results Orientated producing timely quality results;
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Active team-player in achieving departmental and organizational goals; and
- Ability to work Shift Work (evenings/weekends/holidays) and assist with On-Call rotation.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time