Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate.
- Completion of a Post Graduate Program in Operating Room Technique.
- Current (within past 3 years) minimum 2 years operating room or related surgical patient care experience.
- Medical Surveillance is required for personnel routinely working with the class of lasers used in the OR. An eye exam must be arranged through Occupational Health & Safety Services prior to commencing work this area.
- In compliance with radiation safety regulations, personnel employed in the BG OR must be registered with the National Dosimetry Service and as such must provide appropriate personal identification information prior to commencing work in this are.
- Must be available for all shifts and on-call duty.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis available to review)
- Utilizes the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Provides preoperative teaching to patients & families as required
- Performs acts requiring specialized knowledge, skills and judgment in assessing health needs and in planning, administering and evaluating patient care.
- Responsible for supervision of other members of the health care team who contribute to the provision of patient care.
- Maintains nursing records.
- Participates in CI programs to ensure a high level of patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Frequently – pushing/pulling
- Required Occasionally – lifting, carrying
- Required Constantly – prolonged standing and walking
- Required Occasionally – foot activation, bending/stooping
- Required Rarely – twisting/turning, crouching/squatting
- Required Frequently – gripping/grasping
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movement, reaching