Responsible to perform QA and PDI assessments and inspections of finishes in newly constructed homes and coordinate with construction closing dates and PDI schedules ensuring customer satisfaction. Coordinate and conduct pre-delivery presentations with home purchasers in compliance with the Tarion new home warranty program and Ontario Building code.
Key Functions & Duties:
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct pre-delivery presentation with purchasers, document purchaser requests and deficiencies.
- Complete any and all documentation in an efficient manner ensuring all information is inputted in Newstar.
- Ensure all extras and upgrades are in the home.
- Respond to the needs of the purchasers throughout the different phases of their new home buying experience.
- Effectively and positively communicate and report progress and trade intervention requirements to on-site Customer Care Coordinator, Site Superintendent and Construction Managers.
- Prepare and provide weekly summary reports to include PDI appointments and schedule.
- Assist and follow up on outstanding service work.
- Coordinate pre-delivery presentations according to construction schedule.
- Participate in conciliation for identified warranty items as required to various sites.
- The PDI position will be required to rotate based on the construction cycle and business needs.
- Attend Tarion seminars and attend home purchaser functions as required.
- Complies with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Assist other associates when required in the interest of purchasers.
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time depending on business needs
- Conduct inspections of sales offices and model homes
- Ensure work orders are issued to trades and follow up to completion
- Meet with homeowners to review deficiencies and coordinate trades access to homes
- When not conducting QA’S or PDI'S must assist customer service with administrative duties such as filing, data entry etc.
- Will be required to be on rotation for emergency call after hours.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to work well individually or in a team setting, be professional
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in the home construction service industry
- Knowledge of Tarion (new home warranty act) and OBC
- Knowledge of construction processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and convey solutions for problem resolution
- Valid driver’s license, must provide a clean drivers abstract
- Must have steel-toed safety boots and hard hat
- Own/reliable transportation
- Computer knowledge-previous experience with handheld computerized system
- Newstar experience