POSITION TITLE: 21-64 Learning Resources Centre Technician
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband F
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $27.93/hr to $32.38/hr (35 hrs/week)
CAMPUS: Kirkland Lake
STARTING SALARY: $ 27.93/hr
CLOSING DATE: October 7th, 2021
DIVISION: Learning Resources Centre
COMPETITION #: 21-64
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Dean of Community Services and Learning Innovation, the incumbent is responsible for the leadership and efficient operation of the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) and the internal facilities bookings for the Kirkland Lake Campus. Duties include promoting, demonstrating and using digital resources, circulation, acquisitions, cataloguing, interlibrary loans, reference and research assistance, as well as audio visual services and student computer lab. The successful incumbent will:
- Provide support for the Student Success Centre;
- Coordinate internal facilities bookings for college use; and
- Coordinate information management functions for the LRC team for collection development and renewal projects.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 2-year Library Technician diploma or a related equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a library technician or related position (media centre technician, etc.) with technical services performing derived or descriptive cataloguing and MARC format;
- Excellent communication and research skills;
- Excellent organizational skills; and
- Proficient in working with computer software such as word processor, spreadsheet, database and management information system.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Reference ID: 21-64
Application deadline: 2021-10-07
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.93-$32.38 per hour