Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc. is seeking an experienced, full-time permanent Pharmacy Assistant to join our busy Dispensary Department team.
Located in Aurora, Ontario, Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc. has been supplying prescription compounded medications to veterinary clinics across Canada for over 20 years. Our mission is to provide high quality, innovative solutions with precision compounding; enabling veterinarians to fulfill their commitment to their clients' health and well-being.
All qualified applicants, please send us your cover letter and resume. We thank all those who apply however, due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please).
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment and selection process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
- Verify prescription accuracy with the hard copy.
- Package or dispense appropriate compounded finished preparations, using the CIN number for confirmation.
- Label compounded finished preparations [Rx label, lot label and auxiliary label(s)]
- Run, fill and dispense utilizing an automated dispensing machine.
- Maintaining general cleanliness of the work area
- Assist other areas during slow periods (i.e. shipping) or other tasks outlined by the Manager.
- Record expired drugs in the Drug Destruction Log and dispose of them accordingly.
- Re-stock shelves and receive/stock commercial drugs when required
- Empty garbage/recycling daily
Keep focused and on-task and operate as part of a cohesive team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent English verbal, written and reading skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Comfortable with change
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Physical Surroundings (eg: office equipment): Script pro machine, several working stations, computer station with printers
- Adverse Working Conditions (eg: specify extent of exposure, to noise, extreme temperatures, dangerous machinery, or other hazardous conditions requiring PPE): May work with open containers of finished product; when dispensing prescriptions, PPE must be worn (gloves, goggles, mask).
- Physical Effort: (eg: repetitive movement, heaving lifting): Standing for long periods of time, some repetitive movement when dispensing products
- Domestic/International Travel: N/A
- Hours: Monday to Thursday: 7:45am – 4:45pm, Friday: 8:30am – 3:00pm
- High school diploma (O.S.S.D.)
- Previous experience in pharmacy and/or compounding is an asset
- Full Medical and Dental coverage
- Group RRSP plan after 1 year of employment
- Friendly atmosphere
- Employee appreciation lunches/events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)