First Aid Program Representative
Saint John, NB or Moncton, NB or St. John’s, NL
The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a First Aid Program Representative within the Prevention & Safety department.
Reporting to the First Aid Manager, Training Partner Development, the incumbent will be responsible to support, maintain, and grow market share while representing the Canadian Red Cross, First Aid, Swimming & Water Safety positively and professionally in the development & maintenance of strong, mutually beneficial relationships, within a designated geography.
- Establishes relationship with Training Partner, provides initial contact and orientation.
- Ensures business practices and marketing tools established by Training Partners are compliant with Red Cross policies and program standards.
- Maintains and develops relationship with Training Partners through regularly in person meetings and conference calls according to approved work plans.
- Reviews sales reports and performance indicators; uses analysis to identify opportunities or issues.
- Uses CRM to document and monitor Training Partner activities and ensures CRM file remains current and accurately reflects Training Partner activities.
- Liaises with Finance and other personnel as required for account mgt; this includes resolving issues and ensuring maintenance of current and accurate data.
- Identifies issues and works collaboratively with the Training Partner for mutually beneficial solutions, and/or reports them appropriately for follow up.
- Supports Quality Assurance office investigation and issue resolution processes and activities when requested, and reports non-compliance of all policies and program standards including codes of conduct, program standards, Training Partner agreement, graphic standards and use of emblem regulations.
- Demonstrates competency in use of all program-related tools and technologies.
- Participates in FAIT Training events.
- Participates and promotes completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
The minimum qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s degree in education or marketing or a related field, and three to six years of work-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English is mandatory. Fluency in French is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in First Aid training.
- Experience in coordination and leading project teams.
- Demonstrated sound sales abilities and account management skills.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and strong customer service skills are required.
- Strong demonstrated computer skills, including strong knowledge of CRM and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems, and adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Knowledge of technology and ability to use it fluently as well as to teach others.
- Experience in volunteer management and program planning is considered an asset.
- Experience in working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
Application deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019
Interested applicants should apply online via:
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent