As an ambassador for the exceptional guest service and maintenance of the Edgewater Hotel. You will have the opportunity to create lasting impressions and memories for every guest, ensuring the hotel and suites are clean, comfortable and inviting as per NVD’s quality and performance standards.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Maintenance and collaborating with the Rooms Division Manager: You will responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all mechanical, electrical and HVAC equipment, including, but not limited to, pumps, motors, compressors and fans.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all plumbing fixtures, doors, floors, ceiling tiles, light fixtures, room furniture walls, wall coverings, windows and their hardware.
- Responsible for the proper operation of the building and building equipment, including laundry room equipment.
- Assists in daily repairs and maintenance of building items and all guest-oriented furniture and hotel furnishings.
- Be aware of and participate in the same activities as the Fire Marshall with regards to Building and Fire Codes.
- To ensure the operation of personal equipment and procedures are in accordance with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Emphasis to be placed on continuous guest suite upkeep programs, such as the refinishing of furniture; painting in rooms is presentable, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Emphasis to be placed on continuous Public area upkeep programs, such as the refinishing of furniture; painting in corridors and stairwells are presentable.
- Immediate follow-up on all guest room maintenance requests. In the case of any delays, to notify the Facility Manager right away.
- Ensure that all equipment has been reset in the event of a power failure.
- Responsible for parking lot cleanliness, minor landscaping and snow removal, along coordinating with outside contractors when necessary.
- Consistently offer friendly, professional and exceptional guest service.
- Follow all health, safety and sanitation policies as outlined by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance.
- Must have a valid Driver's License – drivers abstract.*
- Criminal check will be necessary within the first 3 months of hire.**
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.**
- Ability to work overtime – on call as required**
- Physical demands: constant standing and walking, frequent lifting and carrying up to 70 lbs. frequent kneeling, pushing and pulling, and lifting,*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)