To assist in managing planning applications and processes in accordance with provincial and municipal regulations and policies and to assist in preparing land use planning materials including planning reports, zoning by-law amendments and plans of subdivision.
To provide professional land use planning design, advice and material including land use plans and planning reports.
- Manage and process land use planning applications in accordance with applicable provincial legislation and municipal regulations and policies
- Prepare a variety of planning applications including draft plan of subdivision, zoning by-law amendment, official plan amendment, site plan approval and minor variance applications
- Assist in coordinating a multi-disciplinary team of consultants to meet project timelines
- Write and prepare a range of planning documents including formal planning reports, official plan amendments and zoning by-law amendments, and correspondence to municipal staff and agencies
- Attend meetings with the Planning Manager, including pre-consultation meetings and meetings with clients
- Preparation of concept plans and draft plans of subdivision using AutoCAD
- Attend committee of adjustment hearings, council public meetings and community consultation meetings in the evening hours with the Planning Manager as required
- Assist in preparing materials for public meetings and public open houses
- Conduct research in specific or general areas related to planning applications
- Keep organized project files.
- Perform related duties and tasks as assigned or required.
- Post-secondary degree in urban planning or related field.
- Between 2 and 5 years of related and progressive experience in land use planning or land development setting, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) or eligibility for membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of urban planning, applicable legislation and regulatory requirements in Ontario and evolving trends in growth management, urban design and built form
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work well individually and with others in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skillsExperience with Photoshop, InDesign and similar software are an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Planning: 1 year (Required)