CGI has a current requirement for a Senior Java Architect to assist with the development of technical architectures, frameworks and strategies to meet the business and application requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution;
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems;
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions;
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology;
- Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows;
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems, and develop a data dictionary;
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems and between new and existing systems;
- Define input/output sources, including detailed plan for technical design phase;
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.;
- Develop n-tier application architectures using a Java and Spring based solution stack;
- Develop Service Oriented architecture (SOA) based architectures using AXIS2;
- Develop web based proof of concept applications using the Java development stack;
- Evaluate and lead security reviews as well as develop and implement security architectures for Java based solution. This includes Tomcat server hardening, Spring Security, and implementation of OpenAM identity and access management;
- Research and develop options for the implementation of requirements using the Java development stack;
- Coach, mentor and provide knowledge transfer to employees;
- Provide related briefings and status reports to management;
What you can expect from us:
- 10+ years of relevant working experience as an Application / Software Architect working within an IM/IT environment
- 8 years of experience architecting Java solutions
- 4 years of experience building and developing applications using Java, Spring and Axis
- 2 years of experience configuring and implementing a Single Sign-on (SSO) solution such as OpenAM, Open SSO, CA SSO, GetAccess, ISAM, Oracle Access Management Suite, Oracle Identity Management, or IBM Tivoli Access Manager
- 5+ years of experience in developing Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using Axis
- 5+ years of experience in developing n-tier application architectures using Java, and the Spring Framework
- Current Government of Canada Security clearance
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.