The RA is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to act as Coordinator, Hospitality Sales & Service to ensure the efficient and effective coordination of all function bookings and the administration thereof. In addition, the Coordinator, Hospitality Sales & Service will maintain the highest level of member and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with clients the booking of rooms and related facilities for meetings, conferences, banquets and weddings, etc.
- Manage administrative and electronic systems and support functions to ensure the effective coordination of all client bookings.
- Ensure all arrangements for functions are finalized and the details of arrangements are communicated to all relative staff.
- Cross reference all related documentation to ensure all function details are effectively coordinated.
- Coordinate and order AV, décor and furniture as required with our supplier to the specification for clients.
- Prepare kitchen requirements summaries and provide timely notification to the chef.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department of all room set ups, timing and equipment requirements.
- Maximize and manage sales opportunities with House of Sport Licensees and Event and Conference clients.
- Ensure standards of operations for outstanding customer service are met.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Hospitality Sales & Service, to planand execute effective sales generating strategies.
- Ensure reception, booked and common (meeting) areas are tidy and presentable for clients, with necessary materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures), remotes, whiteboards, and rooms are ready for meetings.
- Assist with House of Sport support as required including room bookings, client support and working with the Concierge to deliver services.
- To perform other related duties as may be required from time to time.
- Three years management experience food and beverage services.
- Aptitude for and experience in computer systems developed for the food and beverage business.
- Must be a self-starter by developing new business opportunities in the meeting, conference, banquet and wedding segments of the operation.
- Schedule includes periodic evening and weekend management coverage as required to support a 24-hour / 7-day per week operation.
- Proficient with Office 365 or similar corporate tools.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- A business degree or/and certification in hotel/restaurant management or comparable training in a related discipline.
- Ability to perform effectively in a multi-dimensional business environment.
- Strong communication skills with a keen understanding of team concepts.
- Customer service driven.
- Administrative skills to coordinate client orders, and follow-up invoices.
- Possess a high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in both official languages an asset.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Hospitality Sales & Service, the successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to build relationships both with internal service group team members and external partners, garnering commitment, loyalty and trust through work ethic and passion for high standards.
Individuals wishing to apply should submit a letter of introduction as well as their resume.
Deadline for application is Friday, February 28, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE, due to the high volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time