Under the direction of the Manager of Camping and Outdoor Education and Assistant Manager of Camping and Outdoor Education, Program Facilitator’s deliver dynamic, experiential, adventure based and outdoor leadership programming to schools, not for profits, corporate and multi-agency clients. Lead Program Facilitator’s assist in program planning, development and delivery, and also assists site staff in maintenance and administrative tasks. This role is Full Time, 30-44 hours per week and this position has the opportunity for employees to live and eat onsite for a fee during shoulder seasons and winter if required, spring, summer and fall are free of charge if needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
· Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
· Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
· Program development and planning
· Delivery of on site and off site adventure and outdoor leadership programming including, team-building exercises, initiative games, low ropes, nature interpretation, sports and leadership development
· Working flexible hours (evenings, overnight and weekends)
· Site in charge duties: respond to emergencies and situations that may arise after hours
· Other duties as assigned, which may include general maintenance and administrative tasks.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· Bronze Cross required
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR - Level C required
· Current Criminal Reference Check (dated within 6 months prior to contract start date) required
· Ontario G driver’s license or equivalent required
· Smart Serve required
· National Lifeguard (NL) preferred
· Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card preferred
· Swimming Instructors Certificate preferred
· Canoe and or/Kayaking Certifications required (to meet OPHEA standards) preferred
· Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) or Wilderness First Responder (WFR) preferred
· ACCT accreditation (Level 1, 2, or Course Manager) preferred
· Swiftwater/Whitewater Rescue Technician (SRT/WRT) Certification preferred
· Leave No Trace ethics required, certifications preferred
· Non-violent Crisis Prevention certification preferred
· Post-Secondary School Education in Recreation and Leisure, Education or related field is an asset
· 1 to 2 years’ experience in outdoor education or leadership development
· Experience delivering ABL (Adventure Based Learning), experiential activities and initiatives
· Excellent Customer Service skills required and experience working with youth
· Strong Interpersonal, Time Management, Organizational, Communication and Problem Solving skills
· Experience in supervision, information sharing, staff scheduling and payroll, risk management
· Instructor or Coaching Certifications in Adventure Activities or Recreational Sports preferred
· An understanding of Ontario Camps Association (O.C.A.), Ontario Physical Education and Health Association (O.P.H.E.A.) and YMCA Overnight Camping Best Practices
· Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
· Volunteer Stewardship: Understands the important role volunteers play in our Association. Contributes to a welcoming and supportive environment for all volunteers, and demonstrates appreciation for their commitment.
· Communication/Listening: Listens attentively to comprehend both the factual content of a message and the feeling expressed.
· Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness.
· Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
· Concern for Health and Safety: Demonstrates a knowledge of required protocols and ensures their implementation.
· Philanthropy: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of the role of Philanthropy in achieving the YMCA’s mission.
· Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
· Self-Management: Works independently within prescribed parameters. Can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter by December 18, 2019 to Sam White, Assistant Manager of Camping and Outdoor Education.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour