The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland of BC’s vision is "A Safe, Healthy, and Inclusive Community for All". We are a charitable organization that supports people with developmental disabilities and/or involvement with the criminal justice system.
Please visit our website for further information www.jhslmbc.ca.
Monday to Friday, 1600-0000 (evenings)
The Residence Worker provides support to residents in areas relating to individual risk and needs in order to ease their transition to the community and assist in reintegration efforts, ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility, and further the strategic goals of the federal residential programs.
- Provides input to the Residence Manager and/or other staff with regard to the development and progress of appropriate care plans to achieve the resident's objectives and assumes a primary worker role with assigned resident(s)
- Assists the Residence Manager and/or other staff in the identification of potential problems and reports any difficulties.
- Maintains client files including statement of goals, case/care plans, summaries, case notes, reviews and closing reports.
- Ensures residents are in compliance with the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility.
- Supervises the activities of the residence, its residents and volunteers, while on shift including maintaining case notes and the logbook.
- Along with the other residence staff, monitors and ensures effective operation of the facility including quality control concerning cleaning equipment, indoor and outdoor maintenance, inventory, food services and safety
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma, preferably in criminal justice, social sciences, behavioural sciences or equivalent.
- Must have First Aid/CPR within the last year
- Preference given to candidates with current ENHANCED RELIABILITY status through Public Works.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume with the subject line “Full Time Federal Residence Worker". The John Howard Society thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time