Academy of Modern Art (AOMA) is a Vancouver based art education institution dedicated to transitioning art and design students to their post-secondary school of choice. We train and guide passionate art students that are on their path to top art and design post-secondary programs across North America and Europe. Our faculties and instructors, including university professors, designers, artists and curators, are all working professionals with first-hand knowledge and experience in their field of expertise.
AOMA is looking for experienced Fine Art Instructor who has passion for contemporary fine art and with teaching experience, especially in AP studio Art. The ideal candidate will have a master degree in fine art or graduate from top art institution in North America with a bachelor degree or above.
- Deliver instruction for Creative / Contemporary fine art courses;
- Prepare and execute course outline and objectives;
- Take accurate attendance;
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently, and update results to the portfolio planning team on a regular basis;
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Must hold a master degree in fine art or graduate from top Art university in North America with a bachelor degree or above;
- Must have 2+ years of experience teaching teens with creative and/or contemporary fine art;
- Teaching experience in AP studio Art is a strong asset;
- Have a passion in teaching teenagers;
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, always encourage and inspire students to create finished art works;
- Highly responsible with professional attitude about teaching;
- A team player.
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching Creative / Contemporary Fine Art: 2 years (Required)
- AP Studio Art teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)