AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is looking for Full-time Operator to join our Dutton Branch team supporting our farm member owners across the Elgin, Lambton, Middelsex area. As part of the Operations Team you will assist in the delivering of agriculture innovation and services in our communities to enhance farm owner profitability.
What will you be responsible for:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience at every interaction
- Accept orders for products or services and initiate any actions required to effect timely delivery
- Ensure all products ordered or shipped are properly invoiced prior to leaving the Co-operative
- Take a lead in warehouse and chem shed in managing and monitoring inventory levels and shrinkage levels ensure adequate supplies are on hand to support customer purchasing. In consultation with the manager, complete inventory counts and replace inventory as required.
- Work in the scale house grading grain inbound and outbound.
- The safe operations of any assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all deliveries are made on schedule.
- Perform regular safety checks of the vehicle(s), keep the truck clean, and ensure that proper preventative maintenance and lubrication is carried out as required.
- Ensures that safe loading/unloading techniques are followed.
- Maintains truck/associated equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition.
- Maintains current legislated/Company required licenses, permits, etc.
- Has good knowledge of the highway traffic Act, practices safe driving techniques and maintains a good driving record.
- Performs a variety of tasks to deliver on an exceptional customer experience.
- Provides general labour and operates equipment safely and efficiently inside and/or outside the facility as required
- Provides good housekeeping in and about the facility and within assigned work area.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment and/or vehicles as required
- Ensures that all associated documentation, including shipping and receiving, is accurate and completed according to schedule
- Performs other tasks associated with the handling of seed, crop protection, fertilizer and grain handled by the Co-operative
- Understands and follows AGRIS health, safety and environmental policies and procedures required in case of an accident; follows detailed procedures as stipulated.
Requirements for this Job:
- Preference given to individuals with an understanding of agriculture industry
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors. Physical activity includes walking and climbing, loading/unloading trucks, inspecting equipment, driving, etc.
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Work as required at any of the locations to support Farm Owner & Branch needs across Elgin, Lambton, and Middlesex Region
- May have or be able to obtain various licences, permits, and/or certificates as required (eg. Pesticide and/or Professional Applicator designations)
- Preference given to individuals with a DZ license and heavy equipment experience
If you are interested in a Career in Agriculture as part of an industry leader, developing innovative solutions and enhancing the profitability of our members, we want to meet with you!
About AGRIS Co-operative Ltd.
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is a dynamic and successful farmer owned Co-operative that prides itself on providing quality agronomic and grain marketing solutions for our customer/owners. We are a leader in precision farming technology, seed, and agronomy and petroleum services.
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is a 100 per-cent farmer-owned grain marketing and farm-input supply company that serves more than 1,000 farmer owners in 14 locations in Essex, Kent, Elgin, Middlesex and Lambton Counties. It is a leader in precision farming technology, seed, agronomy and petroleum services.
The co-operative is a partner of Great Lakes Grain, a grain merchandising company. AGRIS Co-operative is a member-owner of GROWMARK, Inc. and markets products and services under the FS banner.
We have branches located in Brigden, Chatham, Cottam, Dutton, Glencoe, Leamington, McGregor, Muirkirk, Rochester, Stoney Point, Thamesford, Thamesville, Tupperville and Wheatley
Please forward your resume in confidence by August 21, 2019
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply however only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time