Position: Quality Engineer
Position Status: Full-Time
Shift: Day Shift
Purpose and Scope
The Quality Engineer is responsible to verify process design capabilities; determine CTQs (Critical Quality Characteristics) of new products while verifying process capabilities during pilot & scale up/validation runs and establishing critical process parameters impacting the quality consistency of the products; performs reliability studies, risk assessment, and failure investigations. This role supports process validation and design control for new product development projects.
The role of Quality Engineer entails ensuring that a product or service provides a high level of quality that meets customer expectation and monitoring the investigation and root cause analysis of quality-related issues.
- Plans the quality measurement and controls on processes to provide consistent results. Identifies critical product quality requirements and areas with potential risk.
- Defines requirements for new products and monitoring production quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Works closely with process engineering group to be able to design and evaluate quality process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques
- Ensure appropriate quality processes and controls are in place to meet product quality standards; ensures that the different products are fully operational, effective, and free from defects. It involves analyzing a product under various working conditions and confirming that it conforms to specifications
- Designs process characterization studies, conducts statistical analysis of results to identify critical parameters and improves process capability. Collects process validation data and results; then write or review validation reports.
- Effectively plan, define test strategy, provide quality assurance estimate, and provide test management and test reporting throughout the product cycle
- Supports technical troubleshooting/failure investigations involving manufacturing non-conformances and product failures by leading or participating in risk assessment and technical reviews.
- Achieve product quality improvement by monitoring product quality performance and reviewing external and internal product failures. Initiate appropriate corrective actions in a prompt and efficient manner
- Supports validation studies of processes; participates on technical project teams as subject matter expert on quality requirements; may develop and review validation protocols and final reports.
- Supports the execution of validation studies by collecting data and analyzing results; recommends revision of product specifications and processes, if necessary
- May develop standard making instructions (batch making) and filling/packing instructions of a particular product after successful pilot and scale up studies.
- Train employees in inspection, statistical, and problem-solving techniques.
- Develops and maintains quality standards and requirements for new projects; implements inspection plans for new projects and updates current projects as necessary
- Provides support for customer representatives in regards to quality issues; serves as resource for problem identification, improvement, and resolution
- Investigate customer quality complaints; internal quality issues and quality concerns
- Apply principles and techniques underlying Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Define, implement and sustain quality control strategies to maintain product quality
- Ensure the reliability of test equipment and execution of products
- Provide leadership and vision in the use of data along with structured problem-solving
- Works with suppliers to resolve or improve quality issues and to implement effective corrective action
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferably Chemical Engineering, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or any related engineering degree
- Must have process and quality engineering background and technical skills and experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2-3 year-experience in process related field in manufacturing industry, preferably in quality engineering role with experience in quality control and quality assurance in a GMP environment
- Must have experience or related trainings in validation and process development and control
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience in using Six Sigma tools and statistical analysis; quality improvement methodologies and framework.
Working at Cosmetica:
Cosmetica is a dynamic growing organization; the opportunities for advancement are unique. The bulk of our promotions come from within and we always look to our people first! Our ‘In the Moment’ recognition program is one of a kind and allows us to regularly recognize the excellent work of our people. We are committed to developing great leaders/professionals and we provide progressive and ongoing training opportunities.
About Cosmetica Laboratories:
Inspire. Create. Deliver.
At Cosmetica, we are carving out our place as the go-to trendsetter in custom cosmetic development and manufacturing. We offer an unparalleled array of turnkey services such as product development, R&D, QA/QC services, client services and manufacturing solutions, all housed in our state of the art, 270,000 square foot facility.
Cosmetica has a simple strategy: to have the best innovation, best execution and service, best speed-to-market and the best people!
Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Cosmetica Laboratories Inc.is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Thank you for your interest in working at Cosmetica Laboratories Inc. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by a member of our team.
Job Type: Full-time