As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Renewals this position is focused on training the junior members of the team, engaging and resolving customer escalations, relationship management, selling the value of Open Text Maintenance and Support Programs and driving retention as well as growth. Quoting, positioning upsells, regular follow-up and closing renewals are primary responsibilities. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in systems and process, primary escalation point for first level issues, and a liaison between senior leadership and the Maintenance Renewal Specialists. Strong organizational skills and the ability to accurately forecast are required, concurrently the incumbent will be responsible for identifying and conducting gap analysis, process improvement identification, training, onboarding and career development.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Providing exceptional service by reaching out via phone on a consistent basis and building strong customer relationships. In addition, providing a consultative and proactive process to producing competitive renewal quotes.
- Consulting with internal sales teams to prepare renewal quotes, overcome objections through process of negotiation and adjust quotes as required to ensure competitiveness of the solution being presented to the customer
- Maintaining and updating reporting systems used for research and providing accurate forecasts within a sales support territory
- Cultivating strong business relationships with the Account Executives and other stakeholders
- Developing ongoing lead generation and pipeline through innovation and customer insight to gain new maintenance renewal contracts, while continuously selling the high value of OpenText’s support programs
- Becoming a trusted advisor for the Customer for their support needs. Cultivating an environment of mutual value recognized between OpenText and our customers.
- Utilizing departmental standard operating procedures to bring renewal contracts in at full value and on time.
- Taking ownership of the contracts assigned to you. A strong sense of urgency is required to manage your portfolio resulting in full value, on time renewals.
- Demonstrating high attention to detail to review and process incoming purchase orders and payments.
- Consistently looking to enhance the renewal process and procedures while working to achieve an exceptional team environment.
- Exhibiting active listening skills to understand customer issues and provide remediation.
- Strong understanding of internal tools and processes.
- Onboarding, training and assisting in the development of new hires and existing team members
- Managing difficult customer situations while using creativity and ingenuity to manufacture a win-win situation for the customer and OpenText
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working within the OpenText Renewals organization.
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication both written and verbal, with the ability to listen and understand client needs and focus the content
- Ability to think outside the box when researching leads for expanding new maintenance contracts and finding new and creative ways to show how OpenText products can help the client achieve their goals
- Strong desire in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with client
- Ability to work cross functionally with a dynamic team who rely on each other to achieve overall corporate goals
- Goal-oriented, positive, a self-starter, with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Track record of autonomy, ownership and execution
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
- Proven ability to manage customer interactions and provide remediation for articulated issues.
- Solid understanding of internal teams, policies and procedures to ensure a frictionless experience for our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to operate in confidence, with integrity when dealing with sensitive information.